Friday 19 April 2013

Assessment Space


Been busy setting up the assessment space in the last push for marking been very busy in the studio tidying up and getting everything ready. I ended up using another space for the assessment but I'm pleased with the way its been turning out. My original plan was to set up all the bigger props such as the bed near all the prints on the wall. But my new space is a little smaller so been improvising.

I collected a spice rack during the project and have painted and set up it up on the wall. Cleaned all the bottles and filled them with various small parts of each photo shoot.




They are representing the different parts of the anxieties and their stages from the start of the anxiety to the collection. This is because the first bottle has blue ink inside it and the last bottle has pills inside it. And the inbetween bottles are the stages of symbolism and parts of each shoot of the journey of an anxiety disorder.

This is the new space.


These are the gradual stages of setting up the space I set up all six images, painted the spice rack whit, and painted the small table and chair white.





Began to add title of each piece which is the six disorders that were chosen for the project and statement also.





Also made labels for all my sketch books and folio case also set up props on my small table and added QR codes onto the bottom corners.



Artist statement.



As some extra work I also mounted and sorted out my extra A4 and A3 prints into a folio folder along with my smaller photo album.

















It's been a long but fruitful process I feel positive about the project and that I learned a lot. Especially about improvising and making things work out when technology breaks or working with others doesn't always go to plan. But it was a great experience to work in studio environments and being able to get back into photography and using software such as Photoshop again. Also getting to work with models and becoming more confident about directing people and working with them to create pieces. It also was positive to learn about how to present and display my work in a more professional manner since I didn't have much experience of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment